Large Scale Transformation of I.T. Service Delivery
Qantas Airways is the flag carrier of Australia and is Australia’s largest airline by fleet size, international flights and international destinations. It is the third oldest airline in the world, having been founded in November 1920; it began international passenger flights in May 1935.
- Inflexible infrastructure unable to scale with organisation
- Complex current state (2,500 applications and 3 Datacentres including multiple mainframes )
- Low levels of automation and self healing capabilities in existing environments
- Regular platform outages resulting in significant revenue loss
- Devised a AWS environment strategy that enabled the client and multiple vendors to deploy and run application workloads with consistent security, governance and availability boundaries.
- Development and deployment of the core cloud tooling to enable the delivery of 1,000+ cloud native applications built on AWS including a feature rich CICD pipeline and all shared services including the Atlassian Stack, Datadog and Splunk.
- Extensive training and knowledge transfer sessions to ensure that development and operational teams can operate the platform and solution effectively.
- Provided architectural guidance to application teams to ensure applications leverage the full benefits of a modern cloud platform.
- Rapid delivery of business applications
- Reduction in technical debt
- Faster speed-to-market on business features
- Improved platform reliability, scalability and availability
- Reduced business risk during software releases (Blue/Green deployments)
- Improved security and compliance (enforcement of app aware controls) and alignment with existing enterprise processes
- Modern DevOps practice employed
- Shift to self-service culture (decoupled from external constraints)